Math 421 The Theory of Single Variable Calculus
Instructor: Minh-Binh Tran
Tel: (608) 890 3165
Email: mtran23 at wisc dot edu
Tutor: Liding Yao email@example.com
Grader: Chih-Hsiang Su firstname.lastname@example.org
Slides of the course
Below are the lectures of my course. I will go over many problems in class. It is essential that you spend time thinking about the problems posed in my slides, even if you can’t come up with a proof in the end. Extra points will be given to active students in class. In particular, one extra point will be added to the nearest homework if students can
– Volunteer to do an exercise on the blackboard (even if the solution is wrong, extra points would still be added since extra points are awarded based on the attitude of students)
– Point out a mistake of the instructor
– Answer an intelligent question of the instructor
– Ask the instructor an intelligent question
It is recommended that you use Latex to type your homework, which would be useful for you later on.
– Windows: You can download MikTeX.
– Linux: You can download the TeXLive package.
Guide to Latex:
– This short intro to using LaTeX is pretty good.